UnionSquareKAL

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Trepidation

I'm procrastinating on blocking the body.
Deb, you used Rowan cash-soft right? Did you have any issues with the body growing during blocking?
the body on this fits me great right now. If it grows during blocking it is going to look like a sack of potatoes. And quite frankly, I'm prepared to rip the whole thing out and re-knit rather than have that happen.
Pair that fear with the fact that I'm not overly enamored of the drape of the sweater, I think it should be softer, and I'm just hung up on this one, going nowhere.

2 Comments:

  • Yes, I used Cashsoft, and no, I didn't have any problems with the size changing when I blocked it. It blocked just fine!! Don't be scared!

    But, if you're really nervous--block a swatch. That will reassure you that it will be fine . . . and if there's a problem, you'll know about it ahead of time!

    By Blogger --Deb, at 10:21 PM  

  • I used Rowan Cashsoft too, and didn't have any problems with blocking. It blocks like a dream. Go for it!!!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home