UnionSquareKAL

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Finito!

Finally - pictures of my finished USM!


I stole this pose from Eunny. Her balcony reminded me a lot of our balcony, so I decided to be a copycat.


This is my version of the pose on the cover of the magazine, except I'm smiling and not smirking. I have trouble smirking instead of smiling, especially when my husband is teasing me for being nerdy with my poses.


Here is closeup shot of the shoulder buttons. You can kinda see the front button as well. You can DEFINITELY see all the freckles I have!

I am totally in love with this sweater. I love the color. I love the buttons. I love the neckline. I love the shoulder seams (or lack thereof). I love the sleeves. I love the yarn (Rowan Cashsoft 4ply - so soft and yummy!). I did the 35 1/2" size and changed nothing about the pattern except the length of the sleeves. Yes, that does mean I kept the bigness of the bell in the sleeve. That is one of the aspects of this sweater that drew me to it. It hasn't gotten quite cold enough to wear this yet, but I'm keeping an eye on the forecast and once it dips into the 50s, my USM will make its official debut!

8 Comments:

  • Awesome. That looks so good on you.

    By Blogger Marina, at 9:00 PM  

  • It looks beautiful! Congratulations!

    By Blogger --Deb, at 9:21 PM  

  • looks great!!

    By Blogger Mintyfresh, at 10:16 PM  

  • Stephanie, that is so pretty and fits you so well, Congrats on a great knit.

    By Blogger Marji, at 8:21 AM  

  • It looks great - and I love the shoulder button shot.

    By Blogger MeBeth, at 11:48 AM  

  • I love it! The fit, the color combo... excellent.

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 12:21 AM  

  • Love the fake Eunny pic! It looks great!

    By Blogger Sherry W, at 5:26 PM  

  • Hey Stephanie - not sure if you'll get this (you just disabled your blog comments) but I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry you're being vexed by a hater on your blog. I can't imagine who would read your blog and wish you evil.

    I wish you and your family the very best, and I'm sorry you have to deal with this sh*t.

    Beth

    By Blogger MeBeth, at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home