UnionSquareKAL

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Close. So Close!

I actually finished knitting my sleeves tonight! Hurray! I just hope I calculated/guessed correctly at the sleeve cap shaping, and that it will fit the body properly when I go to sew them together. (Not to mention hoping that it will fit MY body properly!)

I'll get the ends woven in tomorrow, and hopefully the sleeves sewn in, but I still need to get the buttons. Anybody have suggestions for online sources for nice buttons?

I'm happy, though. Assuming nothing goes wrong when I try to piece things together, the knitting part is done! I was starting to think I'd never get this far, this has been such a slow knit for me . . . and I was lucky enough to start with 2/3 the number of stitches as almost everyone else, too, since my gauge was so different. (And, honest, I knitted the entire thing on size 2 needles.)

--Deb

2 Comments:

  • You may want to try ol' ebay. Especially for Vintage sets. I didn't bother making the front one bigger.

    By Blogger Sherry W, at 4:41 PM  

  • If you're heading into NY anytime soon, check out 38th street between 5th and 6th and then 6th Ave. north of 38th st - button paradise. If you're there, definitely go to Havana NY for cuban food on 38th btwn. 5th and 6th!

    By Blogger MeBeth, at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home