UnionSquareKAL

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

i finished the back! or the front! take your pick!

Since I'm not doing the flap, I'm knitting my front and back simultaneously and with identical shaping. (I thought about altering the neckline, but opted instead for pure laziness--er, simplicity. If it rides up too high on my neck, well, then I'll think about changing it.)

As I mentioned earlier, I was having weird tension issues based on having frogged back a bit--I'd never had this happen before. Helpful readers of my blog were horrified as well, and suggested I stop everything and try blocking it out. Afraid of accidentally blocking the horrible line in place, I took a crochet hook to it. No, not to do any kind of stitches, but to pull and tug and swear at the darn thing until it is far less noticeable. See?

line?

My blog entry on the topic, in which I gripe a bit more about the process of tugging, is here.

It's curling something crazy, but that I feel certain will come out in blocking and buttoning and the like!

3 Comments:

  • Hi,

    I'm doing the same thing with my sweater. I never liked the flap in the front amd decided to change it but in the end made up my mind to have an identical front and back. My sweater is chocolate brown with salmon pink edge in cashmere. I've so far gotten to the shor row for the shoulder of the back. I've gotten lazy (I guess because I've never done short rows before) and switched to knitting my two other sweaters! I'm glad to see that someone else is doing the front and back alike.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM  

  • Yay! Another flat-fronter. My favorite thing about this sweater is the crisp lines and the sleeves, so I'm choosing to focus on those aspects. Can't wait to see your progress!

    By Blogger Mintyfresh, at 11:14 AM  

  • I would have been a "flat-fronter" if I wasn't too lazy to figure out a new neckline ;-)

    By Blogger Marina, at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home