UnionSquareKAL

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Yay! Body is Done!

Union Square Market Pullover Body


I completed the body today (after another finishing-triggered swearing spell similar to that provoked by the Hourglass Sweater) (I'm a little sensitive to demanding hems). It's a bit loose although my gauge seems roughly correct, but not so loose as to look schlubby. I actually dig the shape of it so far. My other potential beef is that the yarn (Frog Tree Alpaca) seems a bit itchy. I'm not sensitive to itch, particularly, so I'll probably get used to it, but it's still annoying.

Is anyone else concerned about the rolling of the top and bottom hems? They seem to want to curl rather forcefully... it's unclear whether blocking will eliminate it entirely. Any experiences with this, or advice?

5 Comments:

  • The body of your sweater looks great! With my sweater, I had no problems with rolling hems after I blocked it, and I only pinned and sprayed it. I used a different yarn (cashsoft) but I'm sure yours will work too.

    By Blogger marirob, at 7:41 PM  

  • It looks great! And, I'm a little worried about the rolling hem, too, but am putting my trust in the blocking... if I ever get that far! (grin)

    By Blogger --Deb, at 9:57 PM  

  • Jessica, it looks great, as does your hourglass sweater. I'm still waiting on my yarn, it's on a slow boat from England, however everything I've heard from others making this is that the rolling hem blocks out really well.
    Did you knit on 2's or 3's? I swatched Frog Tree alpaca and didn't like the fabric on 2's, but gauge was way off on 3's. I ended up with baby cashmerino.

    By Blogger Marji, at 9:03 AM  

  • I'm using size 2s. The fabric seems okay to me - not too stiff or anything (in fact at times it still looks a little too loose). Baby Cashmerino seems like a good choice though... I went with Frog Tree because of the color selection more than anything.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

  • It looks great - I love the colors. I'm a little concerned about the rolling problem too. I'm hoping some aggressive blocking will do the trick. (If I ever manage to finish knitting it.)

    By Blogger MeBeth, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home