UnionSquareKAL

Thursday, September 01, 2005

A French Union Square Market !


Hello girls,
Here is my pullover. I knit it in Sierra Andina Alpaca from Adriafil.

Color with flash or in the sun


Contrary to the pattern, I knit with straight needles. I do not manage to become used to the circular needles. Here is the front of the pullover with these small buttons in mother-of-pearl. I have already put the back on my needles. But like Tammy, I feel that my knit seems a little bit big... So : Knit and see !

2 Comments:

  • Dorothee, how pretty. And I love those little buttons up there.
    But you both are filling me with dread - I haven't started yet, and although I've been a process knitter for years, I really want to wear this one. I've finally reconciled myself to knitting with finer gauge yarn on smaller needles, so now I want to Wear what I'm knitting, not just frog it years later.
    maybe I'll measure some of what I own to determine sizing before knitting. I also like the idea of splitting and knitting in halves, then seaming. Anything I've ever knit in round has twisted on me, and I've never found a solution for that.
    how much too big?, and were you getting gauge?

    By Blogger Marji, at 4:09 PM  

  • Marji:

    If your twisting in the round, you just have to make sure all your cast on stitches are aligned properly before starting. There is an article here: http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/FEATtheresa.html

    This is my first sweater in the round and I'm liking it! I don't mind seaming but I do like having the back and front done at once!

    By Blogger Sherry W, at 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home