UnionSquareKAL

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Finally, I started.



Finally, I finished the sweater that I was determined to finish before casting on for this.
Meanwhile, my yarn came, and it wasnt' the fuschia that i thought it was going to be, more a dusky rose. That went Perfectly with a piece of wool that I bought in Toronto in the late 1970's. A gorgeous stripey jacquard woven piece that has been languishing for want of what to do with it. So, I scrapped the idea of a dk grey contrast to this yarn and went and found the perfect green - weird combination but it is marvelous with that piece of fabric. And now, I know that I can make a pair of pleated trousers and a skirt and have the perfect sweater to go with. ;)
oh, and again, I just love the Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino. love it.
Edit: I'm not sure if its' blogger or the camera that didnt' pick up the green in the jacquard, but it is there. and in real life the color combo is great. You may have to take my word for it.

Oh, and Eunni, your blog is great. Love your lace project. To join here email Deb, the listmom whose email addy is in plain english under the pic of this sweater on the sidebar. She can add you. And welcome.

2 Comments:

  • Marji, I think those colors are great--it's so much more fun to pick something unique! And thanks for the message for Eunni . . . she joined this morning!

    By Blogger --Deb, at 6:25 PM  

  • I think your colorway is gorgeous. I'm planning to do something similar... purple with a pistachio green.

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home