UnionSquareKAL

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ordered the Yarn

Well, I finally broke down and ordered enough of the DB baby cash in the same dye lot to do this sweater. It's coming from England, so we'll see how long it takes to get here.

In the meantime, I started the cardigan that I originally bought the purple baby cash for that I swatched for this project. It ia a wonderful yarn.

And I learned the provisional cast on, using the directions in Nancie Wiseman's book The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques. I'd looked at a lot of directions for this, and hers seemed the best. She uses a crochet hook and a knitting needle and crochets the waste thread onto the needle. What a great and easy way to do this well. BTW, she suggests a cotton yarn for the waste yarn - it'll come out cleaner and easier.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, great cast-on huh? That's what I used. Good call ont he cotton too...I learned the hard way! :P

    By Blogger Sherry W, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home