UnionSquareKAL

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Test Swatching

I ordered a skein of KnitPicks Essential last week to see if it might fit the bill for gauge. It looks promising.

I'm getting 24 sts/in on size 4's (since I only own 1's and 4's and nothing in between), so I am fairly confident I can get 27 by taking the needle size down a notch or two.

Unfortunately, the color selection leaves something to be desired, but, if this works out, I will have found my yarn! Boy, am I dreading knitting a sweater with something this skinny.

2 Comments:

  • what effect do you think the nylon will have on the finished product?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM  

  • You know.. I am hoping that it is negligible. I have never knit with a wool/nylon blend before, but the effect doesn't seem pronounced at all, based on my swatch.

    By Blogger Diana, at 2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home