UnionSquareKAL

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sweater - 1, MeBeth - 0

Deb, I must say that reading your post made me feel much better. I thought it was just me but THIS SWEATER WILL NOT COOPERATE!

I did tons of math and swatching and anything and everything went wrong. It was actually so frustrating that I was provoked to start a knitting blog so as not to overwhelm this one with my complaints and whining.

The good news is that I was able to do some math and find a gauge that works. In the end, it seems that with a gauge of 4.5 st/inch I can cast on 166 stitches (making the medium size sweater) and the math works out pretty well if I divide everything by 2/3.

DISCLAIMER - Although it seems mathematically sound, I have no idea if this will work because I am a giant idiot and had to undo all of today's knitting progress. Also, I almost failed math in 8th grade so "mathematically sound" should probably be taken with a grain of salt. If you want the whole story feel free to check it out my brand new little blog at Mebeth Rambles.

1 Comments:

  • Beth--I'm just glad I'm not the only one. And so glad we have this nice support group!

    By Blogger --Deb, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home