UnionSquareKAL

Monday, July 11, 2005

Sigh . . .

I'm having the opposite gauge problem than most of you--way too big. My first swatch last night, on size 3 needles--bamboo needles, nonetheless. 27 stitches = almost 5.5" You know, a whole inch and a half more than the 4" it should have been? Sheesh. So I switched to size 2 and tried to concentrate on knitting a little tighter . . . 4.5 inches. At least it's closer, but still!

I'm sorry, but I refuse to knit an entire sweater in size 1 needles, so . . . I'll sit down with my calculator tomorrow and rework the numbers to get (I hope!) the size I need. Hmmm . . . maybe the laceweight would have worked after all!

3 Comments:

  • I hope it works out for you, I can't even imagine knitting an entire sweater on size 3 needles!

    By Blogger Diana, at 10:52 PM  

  • Mine willbe on 4's. But just think of the drape your goign to get!

    Poor Deb! It is the weirdest gauge too.

    By Blogger Sherry W, at 10:53 AM  

  • Reswatch on aluminum or nickel and see if the gauge tightens. The "stickiness" of bamboo w/wool might be making you knit a bit looser than you should.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home