UnionSquareKAL

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Misti=Not Happening


So, I got my Misti yarn, only to find that it was not going to be anywhere remotely close to the correct gauge, no matter what I did. Don't know why they say it's the gauge that they say, but it's not. I even tried doubling it, to no avail. Good thing it wasn't too expensive.
Anyway, I have opted for the "Prime Alpaca" from Galler, in black, with green accents in "Frog Tree" alpaca. Both purchased from The Yarn Tree . I know it will take some swatching effort to get the gauge right, but I think it can be done.

3 Comments:

  • The Misti laceweight I bought is the only "loser" that I actually kept because, even though the gauge isn't going work for this, it's a beautiful yarn and I loved the color. I'm sure I can find a use for it! Did you know that they also have a sport weight? (Though, really, that's probably too large a gauge . . . )

    By Blogger --Deb, at 6:49 PM  

  • I'm going to keep it too, more b/c I'm too lazy to return it than anything else. I don't knit much lace, but it IS really nice, and I'm thinking it could make a really pretty lace shawl or something--maybe a Christmas gift for my mum.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 AM  

  • I'm using Misti sport for mine. I'm using grape for the main color and lime for the contrast. The lime doesn't come in sport, so I'm going to knit three strands held together. This is my plan, anyway!! :)

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home