UnionSquareKAL

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Just, No Luck with Yarn!

I'm just not having any luck with finding yarn for this sweater!

I tried ordering KnitPicks, but it's too heavy and there's no way I'd be able to get the gauge, so even though I loved the yarn and loved the colors--won't work.

I tried a different KnitPicks yarn--closer in gauge, but still not right, and I don't like the yarn quite so much.

I ordered some laceweight Misti Alpaca which I love--the color, the feel--but (and I haven't tried a gauge swatch of this one yet), I think the gauge will be too small on this one . . . but I didn't want to try the Sport weight, either, so!

Then there's the Dale of Norway Baby Ull I ordered from Herschnerr's, which came today. Lime green, which is really quite nice, but I don't know is what I want for THIS sweater (I thought it would be a little darker), and the pale blue which, well, doesn't look anything like I thought it would.

And, oh yes, I ordered Addi Natura bamboo needles from Herschnerr's, too, figuring they might help me get the right gauge, rather than the Turbos I usually use . . . they sent me a Turbo by mistake.

Sigh. I don't think I'm ever going to get to start this sweater!! (grin)

1 Comments:

  • I agree, the Misti Alpaca Lace will be too thin. I'm going to use the sport weight for mine. Haven't received it yet, but am trusting that the gauge will either be on or that it will be pretty close and I can do a little math. The color Misti I want for the contrasting color doesn't come in sport weight, so I'm going to buy the lace weight and double or triple it up to get gauge.

    Good luck with the hunt! :)

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home