UnionSquareKAL

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hello from Seattle Too

Hi. I'm Jessica in Seattle. I've been very excited about Kate's design since the IK preview went up. I think the construction is very clever and the overall effect is so elegant. But I am already working on a sweater at a very small gauge (Martha from Rowan 37 in Dale Baby Ull) and my stash has gotten really out of hand. So long story short, I can not buy yarn for this project. So I'm going to spin it from my ridiculous fiber stash instead. I made a sample skein last night and I think it will work out if I can finish spinning the rest of it.


Click for a close up.


I'm still a new spinner so it's not very consistent. I knit a sample swatch last night and was able to get stitch gauge but not row gauge. I think I can make it work.

Back to spinning...

-Jessica

4 Comments:

  • Hello from Seattle as well! Are you the same Jessica on Purly Girls and SnB? Your blog looks familiar!

    By Blogger Diana, at 2:29 PM  

  • Yup, that's me.

    By Blogger Jessica, at 4:11 PM  

  • Gorgeous!!

    By Blogger Gracie, at 11:24 PM  

  • Yay! I'm spinning my yarn for this project too! I think I'm gonna dye it today but still haven't decided on colors. I'm glad there'll be someone else with that handspun look (ie. not perfect).

    looks great!
    jacey

    By Blogger jacey (insubordiknit), at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home