UnionSquareKAL

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Finally . . . Yarn!


At long last, I've got yarn for this sweater. Rowan's 4-ply Cashsoft, which I ordered from Jimmy Bean's Wool just a day or two ago, and that arrived today, with a bonus lollipop included in the order. (Sweet, no?) I got the Redwood red as the main color, and Rose Lake as the accent. I love red for sweaters (there's something extra warm and cozy about them, I think), and while I would have liked something different for the accent . . . I don't like, you see, to copy the colors the designers pick--I like to be different--but, well, it was eye-catching the first time around, right? And really, for me, pink IS a "different" color! And, the yarn? Soft and lovely!

Anyway, I'm relieved to finally have yarn in the house and will try to get my swatch done tomorrow. (We're having a family-visit day, so it might be tricky squeezing it in.)

2 Comments:

  • I was feeling the same way, I love reddish colors and all my sweaters are of that color family, but I just did not want to make the same sweater as the magazine ;)

    I hope the Cashsoft works out for you, that stuff is sooooo soft! I'm working with some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran right now, which is really similar, and it's fabulous.

    By Blogger Diana, at 11:15 PM  

  • Yes, I've used Cashmerino Aran and loved it--that's why I was willing to try this, sight unseen. It's cheaper, too! I did TRY to get a really nice green for this sweater, but it wasn't Meant To Be, apparently--I'm just happy to finally have the yarn!

    By Blogger --Deb, at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home