UnionSquareKAL

Monday, July 11, 2005

AAAGGGHHH - Ideas about ease?????

Well, I think I am going to start over. I was using size 3 needles, and my gauge was between 30 and 32 sts/4". After doing some math, and taking a good look in the mirror, I think the finished sweater will be on the small side for me (between 34" & 36"). I don't like things tight & clingy, so I am going to go up at least one needle size. On size 4, I get about 28 sts/4", so my finished sweater will be about 38". Do you think there will be enough ease for a 36" bust, or should I go to a size 5 needle? My guess is that with a size 5, the end product will be about 40", but I am thinking that may be too big. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

  • I would think that 2" of ease would be enough--it's not a bulky kind of, wear-over-another-shirt kind of sweater, but one you'll want to wear next to the skin. That should be comfortable!

    By Blogger --Deb, at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home