UnionSquareKAL

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Not so brave

I finished my swatch! I ended up going to a size 4, since my yarn choice is a bit smaller then the Plassard. Hey, bigger needles = faster knitting!


Swatch Posted by Hello

Isn't that just a lovely heathered green?

Anyway, I am foolhardy enough to swatch and different brand needles and to not swatch in the round. However, I'm HAPPY I washed and blocked it. The yarn expanded just a too much bit on my first swatch. I'm happy I had to go down to the four. The fabric was just not dense enough for my liking on the size 5.

Now if my damn Bryspun circs would conme in...

2 Comments:

  • That is a lovely color, Sherry, and I also like your contrast color.

    I like a "dense fabric" too & that is what I'm getting.

    By Blogger Marina, at 6:32 AM  

  • Well, it's still the same NUMBER of stitches, even if the needles are bigger, but the psychological advantage is not to be scoffed at!

    By Blogger --Deb, at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home