UnionSquareKAL

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Finished but with some alterations needed

I finished my USMS in Jan/Feb. I've been a really poor contributor to this KAL - mainly because it was such an headache remembering my username and password - given the amount needed for various websites nowadays!!

Anyway if you remember way back when I knitted my USMS in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. Unlike Marji I am quite pleased with the feel and drape. My main grudge is that I don't feel the sweater is long enough. So I'm going to be incredibly brave and put the stitches at the section of the body that is worked straight back onto the needles and cut through the stitches just above, knit 2 or 3 inches extra then graft back together.

I have never tried doing this before so wish me luck. If anybody has done this before and has any advice then speak now!!! Next weekend is when I have earmarked the operation (that's what it feels like!). Photos to follow.

Congrats to all of you who have finished. I have enjoyed seeing the finished sweaters in all the different colours that have been chosen.

3 Comments:

  • That sounds scary but doable--good luck!!

    By Blogger --Deb, at 9:42 PM  

  • Eeek! That does sound scary. Good luck with it, can't wait to see the final product.

    By Blogger larissa, at 6:35 AM  

  • I finished my sweater back in Feb too, and am planning some adjustments to it also. I wasn't really thinking about how I'm petite, and things are always too long in the armscye. I should have made the armholes shorter, but didn't. Eventually, I will though. I'm also going to eliminate the fold though, it's too fussy for me. So, like you, I will be doing some cutting and grafting - I figure, I can save some of the back, just make it shorter, which will save me from a lot of knitting.

    By Blogger deirdre, at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home