UnionSquareKAL

Friday, January 27, 2006

Officially one sleeve short of a sweater...

I finished my first sleeve last night. eeeeeeeee!!! That's the noise I made because I was so excited. I even pinned it to the body to try it on. It looks great! I'm pretty sure this is my favorite sweater I've made - probably because these finer knits look so much better than a big bulky sweater on my frame. I'm always worried about the fit, but this has, so far, turned out perfect! I made some mods to the sleeves because I didnt' want them as big at the bottom. Following what some of you did, I cast on about 10 less stitches. Due to my different gauge, this meant that after completing the cuff, I didn't do any decreases at all, just knit until it was the right lenght to do the increases. I was worried it wouldn't turn out well, but it's perfect! Yay! I even cast on and managed to get the hem complete last night - and swatched for my next project, which needless to say, is on bigger needles. I love the smaller needles and finer yarns, but I need something a bit faster for this next project.

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations! Almost there! At least this sweater doesn't have an extra neckline--once that second sleeve is done, the knitting is DONE!

    And I know what you mean about a faster project coming after this one. I just finished my Karabella cabled cardigan, which took me less than a month. My USMP took five. Much, much better! (My next sweater, though? Gotta take 16 days or less--the Olympics, you know!)

    By Blogger --Deb, at 6:03 PM  

  • Yes, I was tempted to join the Olympics too! But my next project is a sweater I'm attempting to design, and as a college student, I do have a lot going on. I just don't think I could manage my first design in so little time. But then again, I do have some other things I could work on...

    By Blogger deirdre, at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home