UnionSquareKAL

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Getting closer to starting...

So, I've finally got my yarn. I went with an alpaca blend I found on eBay in Plum for the MC and Charcoal gray for the CC. I'd take pictures, but sadly my camera has decided to stop working.

My gauge seems to be a problem, it's quite off. I'm getting 7.75sts to the inch, instead of 6.75. I like the fabric at this gauge though - it's a nice lightweight fabric. Though I'm not sure, have others found their sweaters to be very lightweight, or are you getting denser fabrics? I like mine how it is though, so I'm inclined to just leave it as-is. And I'm thinking that I might just make the largest size, because it looks like with the different gauge, it will fit. I hope.


Of course, I haven't even looked at my row gauge yet! That will be fun, I am sure!

1 Comments:

  • I had the opposite problem--something like 4.75 stitches per inch . . . with fingering weight yarn and size 2 needles! So yeah, there's been a lot of math going on here, too . . . on the plus side, you don't need to worry about your row gauge until you get to the shaping at the top--by which time you'll have over a foot of sweater-body to get a really accurate count.

    By Blogger --Deb, at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home