UnionSquareKAL

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Just Joined!

Hi everyone, I'm Deirdre and I've just joined the KAL after lurking for a while and reading up on everyone's progress.

Still haven't picked out a yarn for my USM, but I'm leaning towards purples. I've got color cards for KnitPicks Pallette coming, so I may be using that. Otherwise, I found a seller on ebay that sells alpaca in lots of different colors, and I think I would be able to get the yarn for a pretty good price. Here is a link to the yarn. They have some nice dark purples which I like, and I think if I picked one of them, I would go with a charcoal grey or grey for the trim. Otherwise, if I do Knitpicks (much better on my college student budget) I would most likely do purple with one of the lighter colors as trim - but that might change once I get the color card.

happy knitting everyone!

3 Comments:

  • Diedre, if you are checking this, email me ASAP at mlweaving at earthlink dot net to let me know if you are bidding on any of that alpaca in the lavendar color. I was bidding on it, knowing that you said you wanted the dk purple, and have just been outbid by someone who is totally new to ebay. I thought it might be you, and if it is, I don't want to bid you up....and lord knows I dont' need it. If it isn't you, well then, it is ebay so let the high bidder win.
    I did bid on and win some of the red, and am anxious to see the texture of the yarn.

    By Blogger Marji, at 10:02 PM  

  • Marji, that wasn't me, but thanks anyways! I still can't decide on a yarn, so I won't be bidding yet. The seller does seem to have a lot of stock though, so if you do want some more yarn, they'll probably have some up in a few days (yes, I'm stalking them).

    By Blogger deirdre, at 8:30 AM  

  • Holy yarn stash! You did NOT have to show me that vendor!! If either of you get yarn and have opinions let me know!!!!!

    By Blogger Sherry W, at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home