UnionSquareKAL

Monday, July 11, 2005

Some Progress after a difficult start

I have started this sweater. I opted for a pale blue contrast colour and a turquoise main colour - both in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino using the needles called for in the pattern.

I struggled initially with the provisional cast on - having never done it before. The instructions were clear enough and I got the hang of the looping at catching yarn etc. What I didn't do (twice!) was leave long enough ends on my waste yarn!

Anyway here is my progress so far















I'm quite pleased with how it is looking and I'm really enjoying knitting in the round (another first) and thinking of all that sewing up I am avoiding:)

4 Comments:

  • Gorgeous colors!!

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 8:16 PM  

  • Cute color combo - I almost went with that too! I bet the Baby Cashmerino is going to be a dream to wear. Looks good :)

    By Blogger Diana, at 10:51 PM  

  • It's looking great. And, isn't circular knitting the best?

    By Blogger --Deb, at 12:23 PM  

  • Looks great! I have to say that cast on is scary...

    By Blogger Sherry W, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home